Director of Sales
The Director of Sales is responsible for leading a team of 4-8 direct sales representatives and support personnel to attain the market’s assigned sales quota. This position requires target industry knowledge including: Cloud Computing, Data Centers, Managed Hosting / Storage, IP Services, CDN/Media, and Telecommunications. The Director of Sales will assist and support sales representatives, and sales engineers throughout the entire sales process, from initial lead generation to closing sales through revenue management and customer life cycle. The Director of Sales has exceptional organizational; written and interpersonal communication skills; a demonstrated ability to multi-task; and 10+ years direct sales and 5+ years sales management background. Previous industry experience is preferred.
- Manage the sales effort for the market to achieve sales and revenue objectives.
- Motivate, train and assist direct sales representatives to meet assigned sales quota.
- Assist and travel with direct sales reps on customer visits or difficult customer calls.
- Create market sales strategies to accelerate sales.
- Submit timely sales forecasts and reports.
- Resolve problems or issues with customer accounts.
- Develop relationships with internal departments in order to facilitate sales issues.
- Conduct weekly sales staff meetings.
- Develop marketing plans for territory.
- Interview and hire new staff.
- Evaluate staff performance and help staff meet their career goals.
- Maintain strategic account plans for all top accounts and prospects.
- Review expense accounts of sales staff, and submit to the finance department for approval.
- Provide a positive working atmosphere.
Technical skills and abilities:
- Ability to communicate intricate details to senior Corporate management on a timely basis
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, persuasion and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and be innovative in running a sales team.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely. Also ability to motivate a team
- Ability and at ease to train new direct sales representatives
- Effective stand up presentation skills
- Effective listening skills and strong leadership skills
- Maintains professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to work collaboratively with all departments on sales issues.
- Demonstrates high standards of ethical conduct
Education & work experience:
- BA/BS degree required with 10+ years of relevant work and industry experience.
- 5+ yrs sales management experience in cloud, telecommunications, colocation, data or internet industry
- 5+ yrs experience and established relationships with industry networking partners in the local area
- 5+ yrs successful record of recruiting, selecting and orienting new hires
- Demonstrated personal commitment and interest in continual professional development
- CIO, CFO, CEO selling experience and contacts