DevOps & Infrastructure Specialist
iWeb, an INAP company, is a leader in the field of high-performance cloud hosting, dedicated servers, and colocation. With customers in over 150 countries, iWeb has nearly 30,000 servers in its Canadian data centers as well as INAP’s global network.
At INAP, the DevOps & Infrastructure Specialist is responsible for proper operation of the Cloud Platform that serves our customers. The operating domain extends to all interfacing systems that make up the company's ecosystem.
His responsibilities include analysis, conception, execution, maintenance and support of the infrastructure, 24/7.
Beyond a System Administrator, DevOps or SRE role, the DevOps & Infrastructure Specialist also acts as the technical expert at the last escalation level, whether it's to intervene on production incidents, or to assist and advise our internal and external customers.
What we're after:
- Your motto is: 'Automate all the things!'
- Above all, you are passionate about system administration and you dream to contribute to the IaaS of tomorrow
- You are tuned in to new trends and technologies.
- You like challenges: the more complex the infrastructure is, the more fun !
- You like working in team and receiving, as well giving your teammates, relevant and constructive comments
What we are offering:
- A playground of thousands of servers and dozens of datacenters around the world
- Training and testing lab environment to experiment your craziest ideas and test the most innovative solutions and technologies
- The possibility of leaving your mark in the OpenStack community and work with recognized experts.
- BBQ patio, game room, foosball, free coffee and more
In concrete terms, your daily responsibilities will be:
- Design, deploy, maintain and optimize large scale infrastructure and client shared platforms
- Monitor infrastructure for availability, performance & security
- Performance tuning, load balancing and optimizing for availability, scale and user experience
- Implement appropriate continuous integration procedures for application releases
- Design, recommend and implement solutions and tools for performance, security and availability
- Operational support – participate in daily operations, on-call rotation and automation efforts
- Liaise with clients, service & hardware providers and internal departments for projects and problem resolution.
- Act as a subject matter expert for development team mentoring
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Technical experience in managing complex web infrastructure
- Linux advanced administration experience (RedHat, Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS)
- Service administration experience (Apache/Postfix/BIND, MySQL/MSSQL/DRBD))
- Familiarity with application development lifecycle and Agile methodologies
- Functional knowledge of French and English
- Authorized to work in Canada
- Virtualization knowledge and experience with Xen, KVM and Openstack
- System development skills in Bash, Perl or Python.
- Automation programming experience with Puppet, Ansible, etc.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Nagios, Shinken, Cacti.
- Knowledge of storage technologies i.e. iSCSI, CEPH, Swith.
- Experience with load balancing technologies i.e. HAproxy, Corosync, Pacemaker.
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Redis and Logstash