The Account Executive is responsible for delivering sales results within his/her assigned geography. This individual will leverage the entire suite of Internap services to attain his/her assigned sales quota including: Cloud (Agile), Managed Hosting , Colocation, IP Services, and CDN. A successful AE has exceptional organizational skills; written and verbal communication skills; a demonstrated ability to multi-task; and a strong desire to prospect and close New Logo business. He/she is a high-intensity, ‘hunter’ with a demonstrated track record of aggressively building a funnel and translating opportunities into orders. Industry related selling experience and/or technical competency are strongly preferred.
Include, but are not limited to the following:
- Complete all company required training, but pro-actively seek and obtain the knowledge/capabilities to enable sales success in your market.
- Understand and articulate (orally, written, PowerPoint presentation) the company value proposition into specific customer benefits
- Build the sales funnel:
- “Cold” lead development – telesales, hosted industry events (open-houses, product demos, etc), cold-calling, follow-up marketing lead generated opportunities, etc.
- “Warm” lead development – existing account expansion, RFP response, former account recovery, etc.
- Meet/exceed sales quotas
- Identify and develop partners to accelerate sales (agents, datacenter partners, etc)
- Attend training on sales techniques, technology, presentation skills.
- Develop familiarity with Salesforce.com and utilize as basis for: contact management database, sales opportunity tracking, sales forecast and report generation.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BA/BS degree required or Associates Degree with 5+ years of relevant work and industry experience.
- MBA Desired.
- 5 yr+ outside sales experience with consistent > 100% quota attainment.
- Preferred outside sales experience in telecommunications, data or Internet industry.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely.
- Ability to overcome customers’ objections.
- Effective stand up presentation skills
- Effective listening skills.
- Excellent written and electronic communication skills.
- Maintains professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all departments on sales issues.
- Demonstrates high standards of ethical conduct.
- Self starter with positive, optimistic attitude.
- Ability to develop an effective sales call plan.