UI/UX Designer, Ubersmith
Ubersmith is a leader in subscription management software for the cloud and beyond. Headquartered in New York, Ubersmith provides billing, infrastructure and ticketing solutions that are open, scalable and integrated. Organizations worldwide rely on Ubersmith to better serve their customers and better run their businesses. Ubersmith customers include Codero, DataBank, Endurance International Group, GMO, Lumos, Namecheap, NS1, Sitey, T5 and WOW.
Ubersmith is growing and profitable and has exciting plans for the future. It is a great opportunity to advance in your career.
About the Position
The Engineering Team at Ubersmith, comprised of development, UI, and UX is responsible for all the client-facing application and the appliance management system. Utilizing a growing range of tools and technologies, we continually achieve the best subscription business suite on the market for organizations of all sizes.
We are a small, tight team so as a multi-disciplinary designer you will have the opportunity to collaborate on user experience, brand identity, and user interface design, all key elements which will help shape the success of our business. It is a great opportunity to work on a greenfield project that has enormous potential and will help shape and define the next big thing at Ubersmith. Strong candidates will bring solid technical aptitude as well as good artistic sense. You will be based in Montreal, Canada, and will report to the CTO at Ubersmith.
Examples of challenges you’ll be tackling:
- Designing the graphic standard and visual identity of our next B2B SaaS self-service application.
- Creating web application layout mock-ups, web graphics, content images, iconography and illustrations with various prototypes.
- Designing the navigation of the user interface and elaborating prototypes.
- Ensuring fluidity of the “Customer Onboarding” experience
- Render graphic elements using traditional tools, multimedia, image processing and design software.
- Champion usability and perform quality control on designs.
- Ensure consistency with branding and marketing efforts and help to establish design guidelines for future product developments.
We’re for an awesome candidate like you if:
- You have solid UI/UX design experience and are very familiar with usability best practices.
- You have an education in Graphic Design, Human Computer Interaction or related design program, or equivalent experience.
- You have expert knowledge of graphic editing software such as Photoshop.
- You have the ability to design full web applications.
- You have good knowledge of CSS/HTML5.
- You have the ability to work with minimal supervision, and prior experience in a UI/UX team.
Life with Ubersmith
- It’s a small (but growing) team of full-time people that love what they do.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible and generous paid time off, based on your experience rather than your seniority
- Flexible work hours, including opportunities to work remotely
- Company outing once a year
- Opportunities to continue your professional development
- The best technology to get your job done: a MacBook Pro Retina, dual monitors, and (practically) whatever else you need.