TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST (LINUX)
- Do you have a shared passion for people and technology?
- Does LAMP mean more to you than something you would put on a bedside?
- Do you love being challenged with complex technical problems?
- Do you know the name of Thor’s Hammer?
- If you answered yes to all of this, then we might be looking for you…. So, keep reading.
As a Technical Support Specialist (really let’s face it, we are looking for Linux Ninjas!), you will have direct customer interaction either by phone or through tickets on a daily basis. You also will be exposed to and work with a whole suite of web hosting technologies, applications and hardware (servers, switches, etc.).
The best part is that you won’t have to work on the same thing all the time: our customers are from all industries and in multiple locations across the globe, you will be exposed to a lot of different ways to put technology to use.
What we give you ownership of:
- Greet and own: You are the main point of contact for our customers. Your responsibility will be to take on their requests and own them like they were yours! Run with the ball!
- Troubleshoot: There’s documentation, then the big GOO- search engine, but at the end of the day, we rely on you to diagnose and find a fix for our customers’ issues. You just went from Ninja to Doctor. It goes without saying that you’ll be exposed to issues with DNS, Security (Spam, DDoS, Firewalls), performance tuning, Apache, IIS, MySql, cPanel, etc!
- Contribute: You are part of the team and we need your insight. You will also be called upon to write documentation and articles for our KB and documentation systems. Sharing is caring!
- Extinguish fires: Yup, you are now a Firefighter! Part of your role is to manage emergencies involving unreachable servers for critical customer services. Some could really be life-saving events! Just like firefighters, we are 24/7/365.
- Liaise: You are now an Ambassador! As such, you will represent our customers when you interact with our other internal teams.
Technical skills and abilities:
We absolutely need ninjas, doctors, firefighters and ambassadors with these skills:
- Troubleshooting Linux environments and LAMP stacks (Apache, MySQL, DNS), CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu;
- Practical knowledge of software RAID
- Networking concepts and troubleshooting knowledge
- Knowledge IOS / Junos OS
Its even greater if you have all this plus:
- Skills in Windows administration (IIS, Sql server), Windows Server 2008-2019
Oh, by the way, we are a cool group of people from all around the world and our customers are the same. We treat in different languages:
- Spanish (not required, but a great asset to have!)
And some things should go without saying:
- Good communication skills – this is a customer facing role!
- Professionalism, sense of ownership and autonomy
- Capability to work and prioritize under pressure
- Keeping it positive when solving difficult issues
Qualifications and work experience:
- 1 – 2 years experience with Linux and LAMP Stack (Windows Servers an asset)
- DEC or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science – or a combination of relevant combination of education and work experience.
- Customer Service experience
- Bilingualism French/English essential - Spanish an asset
Still need some convincing – here are some great perks:
- We have a beautiful brand-new office.
- Free fruits every day
- Free coffee every day
- An amazing social club
- We are involved in our community
- We have discounts for a SPA (we all need to relax)
- We recognize your total work experience for vacation
- Did I say we have free coffee?