Team Leader - Technical Solutions Architect
iWeb is currently seeking an expert in the design and integration of IT solutions for new and existing customers who wish to grow or do business with us.
Under the leadership of the Director of Sales, and in collaboration with the organization’s various departments, the Technical Solutions Architect is responsible for the design and implementation of technology solutions, as well as establishing standards and norms for the deployment and management of technologies. He/She must be able to explain the technology and product positioning to customers, and professional and technical users alike.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for supervising, coaching and evaluating other technical solutions architects and developing the team that will provide a superior customer experience with skilled architects who are focused on the customer and on sales.
· Perform everyday oversight of the team.
· Lead and assist architects in solving difficult cases.
· Help maintain a stimulating and enjoyable work environment.
· Proactively seek opportunities to continuously improve and develop the team’s skills.
· Establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
· Take charge of product development and demonstrations.
· Grow into the role of key expert consultant in the sales process.
· Identify the infrastructure needs of each client.
· Participate in budget planning, activities related to, and delivery of, the architecture chosen by the customer.
· Present the company’s products with pride to customers and at field events such as conferences and seminars.
· Address functional and technical components of RFIs/RFPs.
· Convey customer requirements to product management teams.
· Coordinate infrastructure roll-out with service providers and internal resources.
· Be able to travel for conferences, training and customer meetings.
Technologies used include (but are not limited to):
§ CENTOS - DEBIAN
§ HAPROXY - KEEPALIVED
§ WINDOWS SERVER 2008R2/2012
§ MSSQL 2008R2/2012
§ Windows Server Failover Clustering
· Network concepts and equipment
§ L2, L3, NIC Bonding/Teaming
§ Remote/Site2Site VPN
§ Cisco ASA firewall and active/passive mode
§ Cisco/Juniper Switch
· Equipment/server concepts and equipment
§ RAID level
§ Determination of IOPS
§ JBODs Configuration/Mass storage
§ PowerVault FC/iSCSI SAN (MD series), EqualLogic (PS series)
§ HyperV (Windows Server 2008R2, Windows Server 2012)
§ VMWare (vSphere, ESXi4/5, VTSP optional)
Skills and characteristics sought:
The ideal candidate must be motivated and possess substantial experience in the sale of IT technology solutions. Must be comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly growing customer base.
· Exceptional ability to coach and motivate people
· Exceptional ability to plan and prioritize his/her own work and that of others
· Ability to make decisions while remaining calm under pressure
· Bilingual (French/English), Spanish is an asset
· Possess strong presentation skills
· Able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs and when submitting reports
· Organized and analytical
· Able to overcome obstacles to sales through creative and adaptive approaches
· From 5 to 8 years of relevant experience in sales and design
· Experience and knowledge of our products and line of business
· Be a qualified engineer or have equivalent experience
What we offer:
· A permanent full-time position
· Competitive salary and benefits
· A rapidly growing company with great opportunities for career development
· A relaxed work environment with a young, dynamic team
· The opportunity to be creative and take the initiative
20 Place du Commerce, Ile-des-Soeurs, Montreal, H3E 1Z6