Systems Administrator Level II
- Do you have a passion for technology, communication and problem solving?
- Is automating tasks your cup of tea?
- You enjoy working with - and mastering - ever-changing technologies such as virtualization, storage technologies and highly available solutions.
- Is "I could do this all day" more than a quote from the Captain, but a reflection of your passion for your work?
- If you answered yes to all these questions, we might be looking for you... So keep reading.
As a Level II Systems Administrator, you will be interacting directly with our customers on a daily basis - either by phone or in the ticketing system, but you will also be involved in a variety of internal projects: continuous process improvement, creation of customer documentation, and more!
In this highly technical role (you'll be the ninja of ninjas!), we'll be calling on your ability to solve problems and come up with creative and sustainable solutions. You will be exposed to a number of technologies deployed to various clients in a variety of industries.
What you will be responsible for:
- Salute and Own: You are the main point of contact for our clients and your Tier 1 colleagues from within. Your responsibility will be to handle their requests and own them as if they were your own! Run with the ball!
- Troubleshooting: There's the documentation, then the big GOO- search engine, but at the end of the day, we rely on you to diagnose and find a solution to our customers' problems. You just went from Ninja to Doctor. It goes without saying that you will be exposed to problems in virtualization environments, backup systems, high availability solutions, storage... and so on!
- Contributes : You are part of the team and we need your participation. You will also be called upon to write documentation and articles for our KB and documentation systems. You will also be consulted and participate in setting up procedures for the delivery of our advanced services. Your collaboration in the training of other team members will also be very important. Sharing is caring!
- Putting out fires: Yes, you are now a firefighter too! Part of your role is to manage emergencies involving unreachable servers for critical customer services. Some of these situations can really save lives! Your role will include a rotating guard in case of an emergency!
- Liaison: You are an ambassador! You will also have the role of representing our clients when interacting with our other internal teams.
Technical skills and abilities :
- Mastery of Linux (Apache, Nginx, MySQL, DNS), CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu
- Windows administration skills (IIS, SQL Server), Windows 2008, 2012, 2016
- Knowledge of virtualization environments (VMware, Hyper-V, OpenStack)
- Knowledge of administration panels, type Cpanel, Plesk
- Mastery of highly available solutions : load balancer (HAProxy and keepalived), DRBD, Pacemaker, Corosync
- Mastery of IOS/Junos OS (VPN, Firewall, ACL, LAN, WAN)
- Knowledge in server hardware troubleshooting (motherboard, disks (raid), NIC, CPU)
- Knowledge of Networking (CCNA an asset)
Oh, by the way, we are a group of nice people from all over the world and our customers are the same. We deal in different languages:
- Spanish (not mandatory, but it's a great asset!)
And some things should be taken for granted:
- Professionalism, sense of responsibility and autonomy
- Good management of priorities and stress
- Ability to overcome difficulties and solve problems with a positive attitude
- Ability to gain and maintain respect for others by demonstrating credibility and integrity while building relationships with colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Dedication to providing excellent customer service
Not yet convinced? Here are some other advantages:
- We have a nice new office. (Well right now, everyone is working from home!).
- Free fruit every day at the office
- Free coffee every day at the office
- An amazing social club
- We are involved in our community
- We have discounts for a SPA (we all need to relax)
- We recognize your total work experience for the vacations
- Training using various platforms such as LinkedIN Learning.
- Did I say we have free coffee?