System Administrator – Level 2
The administrator must use his solid understanding of web hosting technologies, applications, virtualization and hardware specifications to find answers to customer challenges. He must be able to learn and adapt to the latest technologies.
- Perform investigations and interventions servers;
- Resolve technical issues;
- Process tickets escalated by level 1 and forward to level 3 when necessary;
- Research and implement creative solutions;
- Offer an excellent customer service;
- Contribute to knowledge sharing by writing articles for our knowledge base and our documentation system.
Technical skills and abilities:
- Mastery of Linux (Apache, Nginx, MySQL, DNS), CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu;
- Windows administration skills (IIS, Sql server), Windows 2008, 2012, 2016;
- Knowledge of virtualization environments (Hyper-V, Xen, Openstack);
- Hardware knowledge (RAID);
- Knowledge of network;
- Knowledge of control panels (Cpanel, Plesk);
- Mastery of cluster environments (load balancer, DRBD);
- Programming: scripting and task automation;
- Mastery of IOS/Junos OS (VPN, Firewall, ACL, LAN, WAN).
- Professionalism, sense of responsibility and autonomy;
- Good management of priorities and stress;
- Ability to overcome difficulties and solve problems with a positive attitude;
- Ability to earn and maintain respect for others by being credible and honest while building relationships with colleagues at all levels of the organization;
- Determination to provide excellent customer service.
Qualifications and work experience:
- 2 to 5 years experience in Linux and Windows Systems Administration;
- DEC or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science;
- Bilingualism French/English, Spanish an asset