Senior System Administrator
- Do you have a passion for technology, communication and problem solving?
- Is automating tasks your cup of tea?
- You enjoy working with - and are familiar with - constantly evolving technologies such as virtualization, storage technologies and highly available solutions.
- Is "I could do this all day" more than a quote from the Captain, but a reflection of your passion for your work?
- If you answered yes to all of these questions, we might just be looking for you... So keep reading.
As a Senior Systems Administrator, you will be in direct and daily interaction with our major customers - either by phone or in the ticketing system, but you will also be involved in a variety of internal projects: continuous process improvement, creation of customer documentation, statement of work analysis and more!
In this highly technical role (you'll be the ninja of ninjas!), we'll be calling on your ability to solve problems and propose sustainable and creative solutions. You will be exposed to a variety of technologies deployed to clients in a variety of industries.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Greet and own: You are the primary point of contact for our clients and your internal colleagues. Your responsibility will be to handle their requests and own them as if they were your own! Run with the ball!
- Troubleshooting: There's the documentation, then the big GOO- search engine, but at the end of the day, we rely on you to diagnose and find a solution to our clients' problems. You just went from Ninja to Doctor. It goes without saying that you will be exposed to problems in virtualization environments, backup systems, high availability solutions, storage... and so on!
- Contribute: You're part of the team and we need your input. You will also be called upon to write documentation and articles for our KB and documentation systems. You will also be consulted and participate in setting up procedures for the delivery of our advanced services. Your involvement in training other team members will also be very important. Sharing is caring!
- Putting out fires: Yes, you are now a firefighter too! Part of your role is to manage emergencies involving unreachable servers for critical customer services. Some of these situations can really save lives! Your role will include a rotating guard, in case of emergency!
- Liaison: You're an ambassador! You will also have the role of representing our clients when interacting with our other internal teams.
Technical skills and abilities:
- Mastery of Linux (Apache, Nginx, MySQL, DNS), CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu
- Windows administration skills (IIS, SQL Server), Windows 2008, 2012, 2016
- Knowledge of virtualization environments (VMware, Hyper-V, OpenStack)
- Knowledge of control panels, Cpanel, Plesk type
- Mastery of highly available solutions: load balancer (HAProxy and keepalived), DRBD, Pacemaker, Corosync
- Storage technology management (NAS, SAN)
- Programming and automation of tasks (Bash, Python, Ansible)
- Mastery of IOS/Junos OS (VPN, Firewall, ACL, LAN, WAN)
Oh, by the way, we're a group of nice people from all over the world and our customers are the same. We deal in different languages:
- Spanish (not mandatory, but it's a great asset!)
And some things should be taken for granted:
- Professionalism, sense of responsibility and autonomy
- Good priority and stress management
- Ability to overcome difficulties and solve problems with a positive attitude
- Ability to gain and maintain respect for others by demonstrating credibility and integrity while building relationships with colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Determination to provide excellent customer service
Not convinced yet? Here are some other advantages:
- We have a nice, brand-new office. (Well right now, everyone is working from home!)
- Free fruit every day at the office
- Free coffee every day at the office
- An amazing social club
- We are involved in our community
- We have discounts for a SPA (we all need to relax)
- We recognize your total work experience for the holidays
- Training using various platforms such as LinkedIN Learning.
- Did I mention that we have free coffee?