Manager - Tech Support
October 22 2018
Job Type: Full time, permanent position
- Act as a team leader of system administrators (level 1 to 3): performance management, work attendance, schedule adherence, recognition, coaching and skills development.
- Follow up on technical queries from clients and act as an expert in order to effectively resolve incidents.
- Work in direct collaboration with the person in charge of training and quality assurance to improve the competence of his team.
- Ensure quality assurance and act as a model for customer service.
- Participate in recruitment when necessary (interview, selection of candidates, etc.).
- Participate in the development and/or improvement of procedures and processes.
- Monitor the state of the dashboard and contribute to the organization of the work.
- Participate in the rotation of supervisors on duty.
- Effective project management / participation with significant attention to detail.
- Great collaboration with other departments.
- Provide various reports: recurring technical issues, daily, weekly and monthly trends in the operational table, alignment with established performance indicators, reports on overtime, delays, absenteeism and vacations.
- Collaborate with the management team for the weekly meetings: review of technical problems encountered, alignment of the team, review of processes and procedures with the team.
- Act as a technical specialist in critical situations for clients.
- Manage hierarchical appeals (escalations) if necessary and carry out the necessary follow-ups.
- Contribute to maintaining a stimulating and pleasant work environment.
Technical Skills :
- Mastery of Linux (Apache, Nginx, MySQL, DNS), CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu;
- Windows administration skills (IIS, Sql server), Windows 2008, 2012, 2016;
- Knowledge of virtualization environments (Hyper-V, Xen, Openstack);
- Hardware knowledge (RAID);
- Knowledge of network;
- Knowledge of control panels (Cpanel, Plesk);
- Mastery of cluster environments (load balancer, DRBD);
- Programming: scripting and task automation;
- Mastery of IOS/Junos OS (VPN, Firewall, ACL, LAN, WAN).
- Management experience required: Ability to lead a team, influence, coach and motivate people
- Ability to plan and prioritize his own work as others
- Ability to overcome difficulties and solve problems with a positive attitude
- Professionalism, sense of responsibility and autonomy
- Good communication skills, clear and effective, both orally and in writing (English and French)
- Ability to earn and maintain respect for others by being credible and honest while building relationships with colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Determination to offer and promote excellent customer service