Manager, Inside Sales
The Manager, inside sales (MIS) is responsible for managing a team of Inside Sales Representatives in Canada. This position requires target industry knowledge including: Cloud Computing, Data Centers, Managed Hosting/Storage, IP Services, CDN/Media and Telecommunications. The MIS will create strategic prospecting and sales plans to grow sales revenue. Ensure quality customer contacts through prospect development, sales training and coaching/mentoring of the inside sales team.
In addition, the MIS will recruit, select/train and manage high performance Inside Sales account managers to ensure performance attainment meets or exceeds Corporate targets. Work with Sales Director to create a framework for all of the sales regions and their sales professionals with the goal of retaining and upselling the current account base.
Work and Manage a Book of Business and responsible on generating direct sales within specific accounts.
This position will play a key contributor to the corporate sales strategy while providing definition and implementation of the plan for Enterprise Sales to achieve corporate objectives
- Manage the sales effort for the market to achieve sales and revenue objectives.
- Motivate, train and assist inside sales representatives to meet assigned sales quota.
- Assist and travel Occasionally with inside sales reps on customer visits or difficult customer calls.
- Create market sales strategies to accelerate sales, provide new ideas that will generate more Sales
- Effective technic in prospecting for new logo, using cold call or Social Selling Index
- Manage the team activity and optimize the time management for each team member
- Manage the portfolio of multiple key customers and drive direct sales with key customers
- Submit timely sales forecasts and reports
- Implement and measure KPI for the team
- Resolve problems or issues with customer accounts.
- Develop relationships with internal departments in order to facilitate sales issues.
- Conduct weekly sales staff meetings.
- Develop marketing plans for territory.
- Participate in the Interview and hire of new staff.
- Evaluate staff performance and help staff meet their career goals.
- Maintain strategic account plans for all top accounts and prospects.
- Review expense accounts of sales staff and submit to the finance department for approval.
- Provide a positive working atmosphere.
- Have a strong positive attitude and “Can do” Attitude
Technical skills and abilities:
- Ability to communicate intricate details to senior Corporate management on a timely basis
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, persuasion and interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work in fast paced environment
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and be innovative in running sales teams
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely.
- Ability to recruit, train and manage and motivate new account managers
- Ability to create a strategic framework and goals for new teams
- Ability to effectively analyze data in order to evaluate trends and weaknesses in organizations
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Exceptional listening skills and strong leadership skills
- Ability to work with all departments on sales and management issues
- Strong judgment/decision making when reacting under time pressures
Qualifications and work experience:
- BA/BS degree required with 5+ years of relevant work and industry experience. Masters preferred.
- 4+ years direct sales experience; 2+ years successful sales management experience
- Proven sells skills to consistently meet/exceed corporate targets
- Excellent skills in opportunity management, ability to manage pipeline, inspect opportunities, accelerate campaigns, demonstrate deal ingenuity and provide deal-based ideas
- Knowledge of relevant technologies including ability to understand and coach on multiple social media channels and understand how to utilize marketing automation platforms to nurture prospects into opportunities
- Established relationships with industry networking partners in the local area
- Demonstrated personal commitment and interest in continual professional development CIO, CFO, CEO selling experience and contacts