Director of Engineering, Ubersmith
Ubersmith is a global leader in subscription business management software for organizations of all sizes. The company’s suite of usage-based billing, sales quoting, order management, infrastructure management and help desk ticketing solutions is integrated, open and intuitive. Ubersmith is an INAP company.
Hundreds of companies in twenty countries rely on Ubersmith to better serve their customers, run their businesses, shorten time-to-market and boost overall efficiency.
We serve the SaaS, Cloud/Hosting, Datacenter, Telco/ISP, Managed Services and Enterprise/All Other markets. Our product is used by CEOs, IT, Finance, Sales, Support, Operations and other user types.
Ubersmith is growing and profitable and has exciting plans for the future. It is a great time to be at the company.
About the Position
The Engineering Team at Ubersmith, comprised of development, UI, and UX is responsible for all the client-facing application and the appliance management system. Utilizing a growing range of tools and technologies, we continually achieve the best subscription business suite on the market for organizations of all sizes.
The Director of Engineering is responsible for the core product development team and serves on the leadership team for the company. It is a great opportunity to work on a greenfield project that has enormous potential and will help shape and define the next big thing at Ubersmith. The Director of Engineering is based in Montréal, Canada and reports to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) at Ubersmith.
Examples of challenges you’ll be tackling:
· Owning core engineering and product design for Ubersmith
· Designing, creating, testing, shipping and supporting high quality, scalable new features
· Leading, managing and mentoring a team of direct reports
· Hiring, onboarding and training talented new developers and designers
· Travelling as necessary
We’re looking for someone who is awesome because:
· You have 15 or more years of experience in software engineering
· You have 5 or more years of experience leading a high-impact engineering team for a high-tech company
· You have strong project management skills and are comfortable with the Agile/Scrum methodology
· You have excellent oral and written communication skills
· You have a passion for creating amazing software
· You strongly believe in overall customer success
Life with Ubersmith
· It’s a small (but growing) team of full-time people that love what they do.
· Competitive salary
· Flexible and generous paid time off, based on your experience rather than your seniority
· Flexible work hours, including opportunities to work remotely
· Company outing once a year
· Opportunities to continue your professional development
The best technology to get your job done: a MacBook Pro Retina, dual monitors, and (practically) whatever else