iWeb is the biggest hosting provider in Canada
In 2012 iWeb was ranked among Canada’s Fastest Growing Companies for 5th consecutive year, despite already being over 15 years old and Canada’s biggest hosting company.
We currently employ more than 200 talented specialists and operate four data centers in the greater Montreal area. Here’s how we got to where we are today
- 1996 iWeb (originally Formatek) was founded by Martin Leclair and Eric Chouinard in October 1996, and has been headquartered in Montreal since 1998.
- 2003 At the end of 2003, in addition to signing an agreement to enter the stock market, iWeb acquired a 10,000 square foot building and moved its headquarters to the current offices in Nun’s Island.
- 2007 iWeb was established to specialize in internet hosting and server management in the foresight that media would become increasingly digital.
- 2012 iWeb is bought by Novacap and makes a number of high-profile senior management hires, gearing up for an exciting new period in the web infrastructure industry.
- 1999 In 1999 the iWeb brand was created from a merger of four general internet-related service providers operated by Eric and Martin: Formatek, Infonet Services, WebDépart and JBCréation.
- 2005 Operating in the heart of the Old Montreal from 2000 to 2004, close to the Multimedia City, iWeb survived the dot com bubble burst and grew from strength to strength.
- 2010 After the acquisition of the hosting division of iNet-Interactif/Funio, iWeb acquired a new 20,000 square foot building and built its second data center in St-Leonard on the Island of Montreal.
At iWeb we encourage collaboration and the proactive sharing of ideas and knowledge.
We’re proud of the diversity of the people, skills and ideas that you’ll find at iWeb. But we also encourage people to adopt the four inspirational ways of approaching work that have been the foundations of iWeb’s success.
“Do the difficult things while they are easy and do the great things while they are small. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” - Lao-Tseu
“Some look at things that are, and ask why. I dream of things that never were and ask why not ”. - George Bernard Shaw
“Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.” - Henry Ford
Don’t over think it!
“I always choose a lazy person to do a difficult job… because he will find an easy way to do it.” - Bill Gates